- Secondary ceramic filter, engaged with a simple twist of the casing, is used to prefilter debris in dirty water away from primary filter
- Keeping turbid water away from the primary filter effectively extends its usable life
- Vario is also a high-output system, filtering up to 2 qt. per min. in "fast flow mode" (filtering clean water with ceramic filter disengaged)
- In "longer life mode" (ceramic filter engaged), unit produces 1 qt. per min.
- Replaceable carbon keeps water tasting fresh and reduces chemicals, toxins and odors through the life of the cartridge
- Dual-piston technology minimizes the effort required to pump water through the system
- Unit attaches directly to 63mm wide-mouth bottles (not included) for filling; output hose accommodates hydration systems and large containers
- Katadyn Vario water filter includes prefilter, cleaning pad, lubricant and carry bag
Output and longevity specifications based on information provided by the manufacturer. Pleated filter comes with a prefilled carbon core. Both filter and carbon are independently replaceable. Carbon can be changed when the taste of water changes. (Carbon typically becomes ineffective after six months of use or approximately 200 liters.) Field cleanable ceramic prefilter should be replaced when completely worn.
||Pleated glassfiber / ceramic
||Protozoa and Bacteria
||Fast flow: 4.5 / long-life: 6.2 pounds
|Pump Strokes Per Liter
||Fast flow: 2.2 / long-life: 1.1 liters per minute
||7.5 x 3.8 x 3 inches
||1 lb. 2 oz.